"If you are an overeducated (or at least a semi-overeducated) youngish person with a sleep disorder and a surfeit of opinions, the thing to do, after all, is to start a blog." NYT, 09.12.05

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Superbowl Steakhouse

I am an oyster-shucking machine.

I dubbed tonight's Sunday dinner theme as "Superbowl Steakhouse." We started off with Atlantic oysters from the Asia supermarket. Neither one of us had ever shucked an oyster. Enter YouTube and Google. The Food Network and YouTube seem to have done more than almost anything else to teach Americans the how-to's of atypical fare. I loved the pop of the oyster shell breaking its seal. These oysters were slightly sweet with little brine flavor in its liqueor. I just hope I don't meet the Vibrio sp. tonight.

Then, we had 10 minutes of waving towels at the smoke alarm before our high iron meal: steak, broccoli, and rice.

Stimulating the economy, one home-cooked meal at a time.

No comments: